Nightsong's Revelry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to your paradise or Hell...Zarkan.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rules and Guidelines

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leika
Admin
Leika

Rules and Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Rules and Guidelines   Rules and Guidelines EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 4:51 pm

Out Of Character (OOC)

Respect IS a must. We will not tolerate harassment of any kind on this site. PLEASE message myself or a staffer if you ask nicely for the disrespect to stop and it doesn't. We will see to it that it does.

This is a primarily English-speaking forum, but there are people from other countries who are not native English speakers on this site. Leet (l33t, h3||0, |-|3A4T), text (lol, wtf, ttyl), lolcat speak (I can has cheezburger), and fUNny tYPiNgS are banned from this site because they are non-compatible with translators.

Profanity is allowed, but please don't overdo it. If overuse continues after the situation has been addressed by a staffer, your account will be suspended. Anymore after that will result in a ban from the site.

Accounts There is a seven character limit per account on this site...with a MAX of ONE account per person. Make sure you can keep up or retire those that can't. To specify that you have read this please send a message to me, Leika, with : I dare not argue with the admin and mods so that I may escape into their dark world and act out my evilest fantasies!

If you are found to have more than one account, you will be suspended for 7 days and only the oldest account can be kept. If you have more than 7 characters, you will be suspended for 7 days and it will be required of you to delete your additional characters.

Bios and Activity

It has come to my attention that Religion is a rather hot topic to jab at. I plead with you to keep religion out of the forums and to yourselves. This is to keep from offending members of the site. This means: NO religious markings, names, backgrounds, mentions are to be in your bio AT ALL.

You must first submit a bio for you character within TWO WEEKS of your account activation. This bio must be reviewed by a mod and accepted before you can post in the main area of the forum. If you are caught posting before your bio has been approved, the posts will be removed and you will receive a warning. Anymore after the warning will result in suspension.

The two-week period will give you plenty of time to come up with your first character and yet handle business in the Real World. If for some reason you can not post it within the deadline PLEASE state your reasoning within the vacation thread. If you do not post there about your reasoning and no profile is up within the allotted time we will delete your account. You can sign back up when you feel that you are truly ready. If you are unsure on how to create an account please check out the how to section it will help you. You can also ask other members along with the Staff. Everyone will be willing to give you a hand.

If you are inactive for 1 month after posting your character profile, your account will be deleted. This is an RP forum so do keep that in mind. Signing up and just being part of this forum doesn't gain you bonuses or anything else special.

If you have been active but disappear for longer than 1 month you will receive an Email. We will also get take you out of the RP Access Group which allows you to RP. Unless you write in the Vacation Thread then this will occur. If for another 30 days we still hear no word from you by friend or Vacation post or Email you will be deleted.

If you will be inactive for more than 7 days, post in the Vacation/Leave Times thread. This will prevent your account from being suspended/deleted and it will prevent other members from getting stuck in an RP while you are gone. If you do not post in this thread, it will be assumed your account has been abandoned and the previous steps will be taken. To signify you have continued reading the rules, include this in your message: I will not allow myself to be lazy or get stuck for fear of getting a whipping from the staffers and a lecture on following the rules.

Roleplay

Now we're getting into the important things. As stated above, you must have a profile up within TWO WEEKS of your account activation. Approval is usually done within a few days. If your profile is not approved, an Admin or MOD will request you to change it. You only have Two weeks to change it. If you have not changed it after that time your account will be suspended from all activities except for the Vacation Thread and the Pending Profile. After a Month if no improvement, then your account will be deleted.

For easier recognition for the staffers, please either put [W.I.P] at the end of the title (for those profiles that are being worked on), or [Finished] at the end of those that are done and are ready to be reviewed. Simple enough, right?

Once your bios have been approved, be sure to name your RP threads with the appropriate tags: (Open), (Closed), (Mature). A thread labeled “Open” anyone can join. A thread labeled “Closed” only the person(s) you want to join may participate. A thread labeled "Mature" will usually consist of the fights and wars that will go on between packs as they grow and expand. These will be detailed in blood and gore, so if you are squeamish, please stay away.

Each of your characters can participate in one RP at a time. If you have one character, you can only participate in one RP; two characters, two RPs; three characters; three RPs, etc. If there are more than seven RPs going on at once (one for each of the maximum amount of characters a person can have), the most current one will be ended and locked.

These are "real time" so one character cannot be in two or more threads at the same time. If this is found, the thread will be locked.

When you leave a thread, please add the end tag so other members know where your character is moving to. End tag: [(Insert name) has left (Insert location in "talk" color and is going to (Insert location and name of thread in "talk" color)] *If you can link it great. If not an Admin or Respected Mod will do it for you at a much later date.
Example:
Rashli has left the park and is headed to The den of the Simulacrum.

One thing we do ask alot from you is NO One Liners and do not rush an RP.Think of this as going to be an animated story one day. As an Artist, there really isn't much for me to go off of since you posted so little. Also when you post so little you don't give the next people who are responding enough info.

Examples of one liners:

He walked into the classroom and sat at a desk.

AND

Man how long has it been since I attended School? Woah that's a teacher?

See? Not enough information. So here is the same thing with a much better understanding:

Kyo sighed as he walked into the Blank Training Classroom. Looking around he noticed two things. 1 it was a very long room and 2 half of the room had some weird flooring that he couldn't seem to describe. Shrugging his shoulders and fixing the black and blue bag strap on his shoulder he saw and empty desk by the 2nd window overlooking the campus courtyard below. He allowed the bag to drop to the floor right next to his feet as he looked out the window waiting for class to begin.

Sighing into the palm of his right hand he turned away from the window and noticed how small his class is for the first period. Man when was the last time I was in school? I don't even remember. Once the chimes rang everyone sat in their seats as 2 teachers walked in along with the Headmaster of the School. All of them looked too powerful to even be teaching such low levels such as his class. 2 of the guys had long hair but one of them was just mesmerizing and he seemed like a lethal weapon. He almost looked like a girl without the breast aspect. Woah that's a teacher? he thought with his eyes wide and his gaze fixed upon the man who was going to be teaching their first subject: Attack!

(*NOTE: These examples are not mine, I'm in a rush and borrowed them from the loveless redemption rp site. This is just a temporary example till I can write my own after I get back from work.*)

See much better right? You can paint a picture with words but you have to take your time. When you rush to answer it will come out messy and to some it will lack information and not make any sense. So no rushing but instead have fun and enjoy it!

RP threads will be ended and locked after 30 days of inactivity. If you want to prevent your thread from being closed, post your leave time in the appropriate thread. It is only a temporary lock. When you are ready to reopen it just let the Mod of that section or any Admin know and we will reopen it for you.

If your character’s plan to get down a dirty, you must mark the title withNC-17+. Read at your own discretion.
EXAMPLE:
NC-17+
Spoiler:

What is NC-17+?
In the film industry, it means “No one under 17 admitted.” This also applies here.

When should a thread be marked as NC-17+?
Any time the role playing becomes mature. Kissing and/or mild, flirtatious behavior is not considered mature. Anything that involves touching in inappropriate areas, any type of smex (oral, anal, vaginal, etc), and all other posts dealing with such acts will be considered mature and must be marked NC-17+. If you do not mark your threads appropriately, you will be warned once. On the second time, you will be suspended for 7 days and on the third time, banned from the forum. To complete your rule reading, you must finish your message with: I will become their undying smex slave until the next poor soul screws up.

P.S. If the rules are not read, you will not be granted access to the RP section. Trust me, we will know if you have not read them, so pay special attention to the hidden instructions.
Back to top Go down
https://nightsong-revelry.rpg-board.net

Rules and Guidelines
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nightsong's Revelry :: Starting Off :: Rules and other important things-
Jump to: